Join us, invest in you, and see what being a member of this leading association can bring you. Our events have become choice venues for new and exciting industry shaking announcements. CGIB is where the CLHIA unveiled their industry pooling initiative, where Trillium first unveiled their new changes in administration, and where they will return to announce updates in the coming years.
Can you think of a more effective way to improve your network, your knowledge, and your business all while actually saving you valuable time? With all these benefits you can’t afford not to be a member.
Joining CGIB offers the following:
Be Part of the only Benefits Focussed Educational Association in Canada
- Ability to network with insurers, TPAs and other providers in our marketplace
- Informal network to ask questions and and share information with others
- Discuss trends and issues with peers that are in the same business as you
- Learn from others that have (in many cases) decades of experience in benefits
Interactive Group Insurance Seminars
- Opportunities to attend group industry related CE credit seminars (HALF PRICE!)
- Members have the chance to sponsor to promote themselves and their firms
- Online copies of the seminar handouts and i some cases video’s as well
- Hear from other brokers, MGA’s, lawyers and others you won’t hear anywhere else
- Member only events (where you can bring your clients so they can learn more)
What an awesome e-mail! I literally just received EVERYTHING I need to know on a Monday morning in a nicely wrapped e-mail. Thank you.
Melanie Elliott Regional Director – BBD
Member Benefits You Won’t Get Anywhere Else
- Semi-monthly curated newsletters with articles of interest and industry events
- A place to get a second opinion or connection to others that can assist you
- Employers approaching CGIB for a benefits broker are referred to Members Only
- Tech Tips videos accessible anytime to provide you with ideas to add value to clients
- Sales Talk videos that provide you with ideas to help grow your business
- Online resources, samples and templates that you can use in your practice
New This Year!
- SLACK Channel for Members to pose questions and collaborate Member Zone
- HR Resources, kits and templates for your clients HR Resources
After a wonderful career in the RCMP, I decided that insurance would be my next career. When I started some 4 years ago, one of the insurance company’s Group Benefit Managers sat down with me and explained group benefits. After a number of meetings I was ready to go and prospect. The manager had one more piece of advice; join CGIB run by Dave of Mainstay Insurance and attend the meetings. I was introduced to Dave, who has been a great resource. However yesterday I had a 60+ group with a non-mandatory policy. I called Dave who spent all the time I needed to understand the pitfalls I should know about and why. This help alone was worth all the experience and cost of membership. As I told my boss; Dave brought my knowledge to a different level, and frankly made me look amazing to my client who was so impressed with the knowledge and expertise. THANK YOU to CGIB and Dave!
Daryl R. Bédard Life and Business Development Advisor – The Regional Insurance Services Inc.
There are many benefits to CGIB membership and our annual membership runs from September 1st to August 31st. The fee is only $500 ($565 with HST) effective September 1st, 2017, and members joining mid-year will be pro-rated. Those joining after July 1st will be charged to the FOLLOWING YEAR’S August 31st. ALL memberships are individual with NO Shared or Corporate rates at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: Some new events will be MEMBERS ONLY events, open exclusively to our members and occasionally their guests and clients.
We look forward to seeing you at our events!
Become a Member today
I’d like to share something that has been a game changer for me in my business. I have spent the last 2 years refocusing my business. The most impactful change I made was pursuing and making Employee Group Benefits a focus. By far the greatest tool I found in learning the Group Business was joining the CGIB. I had been introduced to the group about 18 months ago and have been involved ever since. The monthly breakfast meetings use an open forum style which allows brokers/insurers/TPA’s etc. to discuss opportunities/challenges, you name it. There are also several seminars a year on different topics pertaining to group and they always have top notch speakers.
The revenue generated from the group business in two years equates to 5-6 years of mutual fund asset gathering to achieve the same result… with fewer client relationships to manage. Additionally, I now have a captive audience to speak to about wealth management and personal insurance. It’s worked out well for me and it could for you too.
Nick Acocella CFP®, GBA, FMA, FCSI Managing Director – ProBenefits
Not a Broker? Click here to see how you can benefit.