Join us, invest in you, and see what being a member of this leading association can bring you. Our events have become choice venues for new and exciting industry shaking announcements. CGIB is where the CLHIA unveiled their industry pooling initiative, where Trillium first unveiled their new changes in administration, and where they will return to announce updates in the coming years.
What has CGIB done to make me more efficient, effective or successful? Even though I technically work alone, with CGIB it doesn’t feel like it.
Just starting out on my own (after 10+ years on the other side…),
Can you think of a more effective way to improve your network, your knowledge, and your business all while actually saving you valuable time? With all these benefits you can’t afford not to be a member.
Joining CGIB offers the following:
Be Part of the only Benefits Focused Educational Association in Canada
- Ability to network with insurers, TPAs and other providers in our marketplace
- Informal network to ask questions and and share information with others
- Discuss trends and issues with peers that are in the same business as you
- Learn from others that have (in many cases) decades of experience in benefits
I am definitely planning to renew my membership… The main reason is that your seminars are priceless, and I can attribute my whole book of business to CGIB pretty much since I never had any other mentors in the group benefits industry!! I always recommend your association to everyone I meet in the industry as well.
Stanislav Kojokin, Managing Partner K A S E Insurance Inc.
Interactive Group Insurance Seminars
- Opportunities to attend group industry related CE credit seminars (HALF PRICE!)
- Members have the chance to sponsor to promote themselves and their firms
- Online copies of the seminar handouts and i some cases video’s as well
- Hear from other brokers, MGA’s, lawyers and others you won’t hear anywhere else
- Member only events (where you can bring your clients so they can learn more)
I just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for all the advice. You spent 45 minutes helping me frame a dialogue to have with the resistant employee. After meeting him where he’s at, and empathizing (he went away and thought about it), we got there in the end. Iit was appreciated more than you know.
Sam Bligh – Harry James Group
- Semi-monthly curated newsletters with articles of interest and industry events
- A place to get a second opinion or connection to others that can assist you
- Employers approaching CGIB for a benefits broker are referred to Members Only
- Tech Tips videos accessible anytime to provide you with ideas to add value to clients
- Sales Talk videos that provide you with ideas to help grow your business
- Online resources, samples and templates that you can use in your practice
New This Year!
- SLACK Channel for Members to pose questions and collaborate
- HR Resources, kits and templates for your clients
There are many benefits to CGIB membership and our annual membership runs from September 1st to August 31st. The fee is only $500 ($565 with HST# 815938600RT0001) effective September 1st, 2017, and members joining mid-year will be pro-rated. Those joining after July 1st will be charged to the FOLLOWING YEAR’S August 31st. ALL memberships are individual with NO Shared or Corporate rates at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: Some new events will be MEMBERS ONLY events, open exclusively to our members and occasionally their guests and clients.
Love your most recent newsletter as always. I’ve got enough topics as the result of your newsletter for each of the next three team scrum meetings (all great learning and reference – love 37 Reasons and more). You’ve also given me the content that I needed for a meeting with our client service team .
Howard Kettner, CoFounder – GroupSimple Benefit Solutions
We look forward to seeing you at our events!
Become a Member today
I’d like to share something that has been a game changer for me in my business. I have spent the last 2 years refocusing my business. The most impactful change I made was pursuing and making Employee Group Benefits a focus. By far the greatest tool I found in learning the Group Business was joining the CGIB. I had been introduced to the group about 18 months ago and have been involved ever since. The monthly breakfast meetings use an open forum style which allows brokers/insurers/TPA’s etc. to discuss opportunities/challenges, you name it. There are also several seminars a year on different topics pertaining to group and they always have top notch speakers.
The revenue generated from the group business in two years equates to 5-6 years of mutual fund asset gathering to achieve the same result… with fewer client relationships to manage. Additionally, I now have a captive audience to speak to about wealth management and personal insurance. It’s worked out well for me and it could for you too.
Nick Acocella CFP®, GBA, FMA, FCSI Managing Director – ProBenefits
Not a Broker? Click here to see how you can benefit.