Joining CGIB offers the following:
Be Part of the ONLY Benefits Focussed Association in Canada
- Ability to network with insurers, TPAs and other providers in our marketplace
- Informal network to ask questions and and share information with others
- Discuss trends and issues with peers that are in the same business as you
- A SEARCHABLE Lists and Links page that is all group benefits focussed
Interactive Group Insurance Seminars
- Opportunities to attend group industry related CE credit seminars (HALF PRICE!)
- Members have the chance to sponsor to promote themselves and their firms
- Obtain copies of seminar handouts and video copies for many of the seminars
- Hear from brokers, MGA’s, lawyers and others you won’t hear anywhere else
- Member only events (where you can bring your clients to learn more)
What an awesome e-mail! I literally just received EVERYTHING I need to know on a Monday morning in a nicely wrapped e-mail. Thank you and Happy Monday.
Melanie Elliott Regional Director – BBD
Member Benefits You Won’t Get Any Where Else
- Monthly newsletters with articles of interest and industry upcoming events
- A source to get a second opinion or connection to others that can assist
- Employers that approach CGIB for brokers are referred to MEMBERS ONLY
- Tech Tips & Sales Talk Webinar videos you can access at anytime to provide you with ideas to help grow your business (more to come)
After a wonderful career in the RCMP, I decided that insurance would be my next career. When I started some 4 years ago, one of the insurance company’s Group Benefit Managers sat down with me and explained group benefits. After a number of meetings I was ready to go and prospect. The manager had one more piece of advice; join CGIB run by Dave of Mainstay Insurance and attend the meetings. I was introduced to Dave, who has been a great resource. However yesterday I had a 60+ group with a non-mandatory policy. I called Dave who spent all the time I needed to understand the pitfalls I should know about and why. This help alone was worth all the experience and cost of membership. As I told my boss; Dave brought my knowledge to a different level, and frankly made me look amazing to my client who was so impressed with the knowledge and expertise. THANK YOU to CGIB and Dave!
Daryl R. Bédard Life and Business Development Advisor – The Regional Insurance Services Inc.
There are many benefits to CGIB membership and our annual membership runs from September 1st to August 31st. The fee is only $500 ($565 with HST) effective September 1st, 2017, and members joining mid-year will be pro-rated. Those joining after July 1st will be charged to the FOLLOWING YEAR’S August 31st. ALL memberships are individual with NO Shared or Corporate rates at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: Some new events will be MEMBERS ONLY events, open exclusively to our members and occasionally their guests and clients.
We look forward to seeing you at our events!
Become a Member today
I’d like to share something that has been a game changer for me in my business. I have spent the last 2 years refocusing my business. The most impactful change I made was pursuing and making Employee Group Benefits a focus. By far the greatest tool I found in learning the Group Business was joining the CGIB. I had been introduced to the group about 18 months ago and have been involved ever since. The monthly breakfast meetings use an open forum style which allows brokers/insurers/TPA’s etc. to discuss opportunities/challenges, you name it. There are also several seminars a year on different topics pertaining to group and they always have top notch speakers.
The revenue generated from the group business in two years equates to 5-6 years of mutual fund asset gathering to achieve the same result… with fewer client relationships to manage. Additionally, I now have a captive audience to speak to about wealth management and personal insurance. It’s worked out well for me and it could for you too.
Nick Acocella CFP®, GBA, FMA, FCSI Managing Director – ProBenefits
Not a Broker? Click here to see how you can benefit.