Joining CGIB offers the following:
Be Part of the ONLY Benefits Focussed Association in Canada
- Ability to network with insurers, TPAs and other providers in our marketplace
- Informal network to ask questions and and share information with others
- Discuss trends and issues with peers that are in the same business as you
- A SEARCHABLE Lists and Links page that is all group benefits focussed
Interactive Group Insurance Seminars
- Opportunities to attend group industry related CE credit seminars (HALF PRICE!)
- Members have the chance to sponsor to promote themselves and their firms
- Obtain copies of seminar handouts and video copies for many of the seminars
- Hear from brokers, MGA’s, lawyers and others you won’t hear anywhere else
- Member only events (where you can bring your clients to learn more)
Member Benefits You Won’t Get Any Where Else
- Monthly newsletters with articles of interest and industry upcoming events
- Tech Tips Webinar videos you can access at anytime (more to come)
- Sales Talk videos to provide you with ideas to help grow your business
- A source to get a second opinion or connection to others that can assist
- Employers that approach CGIB for brokers are referred to MEMBERS ONLY
- Want to see some of the discussions over the past few months? Discussion Topics
What an awesome e-mail ! I literally just received EVERYTHING I need to know on a Monday morning in a nicely wrapped e-mail. Thank you and Happy Monday.
Melanie Elliott Regional Director – BBD
There are many benefits to CGIB membership and our annual membership runs from September 1st to August 31st. The fee is only $150 ($169.50 with HST) and members joining mid-year will be pro-rated. Those joining after July 1st will be charged to the FOLLOWING YEARS August 31st. ALL memberships are individual with NO Shared or Corporate rates at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: CGIB membership will increase to $500 per year effective September 1st, 2017. Some of the new events will become MEMBER ONLY events, open to our members, their guests and clients only.
We look forward to seeing you at our events. Become a Member
I’d like to share something that has been a game changer for me in my business. I have spent the last 2 years refocusing my business. The most impactful change I made was pursuing and making Employee Group Benefits a focus. By far the greatest tool I found in learning the Group Business was joining the CGIB. I had been introduced to the group about 18 months ago and have been involved ever since. The monthly breakfast meetings use an open forum style which allows brokers/insurers/TPA’s etc. to discuss opportunities/challenges, you name it. There are also several seminars a year on different topics pertaining to group and they always have top notch speakers.
The revenue generated from the group business in two years equates to 5-6 years of mutual fund asset gathering to achieve the same result… with fewer client relationship to manage. Additionally, I now have a captive audience to speak to about wealth management and personal insurance. It’s worked out well for me and it could for you too.
Nick Acocella CFP®, GBA, FMA, FCSI Managing Director – ProBenefits
Not a Broker? Click here to see how you can benefit.