Joining CGIB offers the following:
Be Part of the ONLY Benefits Focussed Association in Canada
- Ability to network with insurers, TPAs and other providers in our marketplace
- Informal network to ask questions and and share information with others
- Discuss trends and issues with peers that are in the same business as you
- A SEARCHABLE Lists and Links page that is all group benefits focussed
Interactive Group Insurance Seminars
- Opportunities to attend group industry related CE credit seminars (HALF PRICE!)
- Members have the chance to sponsor to promote themselves and their firms
- Obtain copies of seminar handouts and video copies for many of the seminars
- Hear from brokers, MGA’s, lawyers and others you won’t hear anywhere else
- Member only events (where you can bring your clients to learn more)
Member Benefits You Won’t Get Any Where Else
- Monthly newsletters with articles of interest and industry upcoming events
- Tech Tips Webinar videos you can access at anytime (more to come)
- Sales Talk videos to provide you with ideas to help grow your business
- A source to get a second opinion or connection to others that can assist
- Employers that approach CGIB for brokers are referred to MEMBERS ONLY
- Want to see some of the discussions over the past few months? Discussion Topics
What an awesome e-mail ! I literally just received EVERYTHING I need to know on a Monday morning in a nicely wrapped e-mail. Thank you and Happy Monday.
Melanie Elliott Regional Director – BBD
There are many benefits to CGIB membership and our annual membership runs from September 1st to August 31st. The fee is only $500 ($565 with HST) effective September 1st, 2017, and members joining mid-year will be pro-rated. Those joining after July 1st will be charged to the FOLLOWING YEARS August 31st. ALL memberships are individual with NO Shared or Corporate rates at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: The new events will be MEMBERS ONLY events, open exclusively to our members and occasionally their guests and clients.
We look forward to seeing you at our events!
Become a Member today
I’d like to share something that has been a game changer for me in my business. I have spent the last 2 years refocusing my business. The most impactful change I made was pursuing and making Employee Group Benefits a focus. By far the greatest tool I found in learning the Group Business was joining the CGIB. I had been introduced to the group about 18 months ago and have been involved ever since. The monthly breakfast meetings use an open forum style which allows brokers/insurers/TPA’s etc. to discuss opportunities/challenges, you name it. There are also several seminars a year on different topics pertaining to group and they always have top notch speakers.
The revenue generated from the group business in two years equates to 5-6 years of mutual fund asset gathering to achieve the same result… with fewer client relationship to manage. Additionally, I now have a captive audience to speak to about wealth management and personal insurance. It’s worked out well for me and it could for you too.
Nick Acocella CFP®, GBA, FMA, FCSI Managing Director – ProBenefits
Not a Broker? Click here to see how you can benefit.